Researching, drafting and adopting short-term vacation rental regulations does NOT have to be difficult
Host Compliance has worked with hundreds of cities and counties to help them put in place fair and enforceable short-term vacation rental regulations. In doing so we have developed a deep understanding of what works and what doesn't. This deep expertise, experience and data-driven approach allows us to help local governments of all sizes quickly research, draft and adopt fair and enforceable short-term vacation rental regulations designed to addressed their specific needs and circumstances.
While each project is custom, the typical consulting project deliverables include:
- Customized project timeline and work plan to meet each client's timing requirements and deadlines
- Quantitative report on the scale and scope of the short-term rental activity in the jurisdiction
- Background memo to the key decision makers on the context and regulatory best practices for addressing the various short-term rental related issues
- Custom public outreach strategy and messaging framing
- Participation in (or facilitation of) one public hearing to identify the city/county’s key issues and regulatory objectives as it relates to short-term rentals
- Post public hearing survey of key decision-makers to prioritize regulatory objectives
- Complete draft of a custom short-term rental ordinance developed based on national best-practices and each client's key issues and regulatory objectives
- Participation in (or facilitation of) one post-draft public hearing
- Enforcement focused planning work-session with the staff responsible for enforcing the new regulations
- Draft compliance monitoring and enforcement plan for staff and legal counsel to refine and adopt
To learn more about our consulting services and whether they may be of help to your city/town/county, please contact us or click on the button below.