Modernize your short-term vacation rental registration and tax collection processes to maximize compliance and reduce costs
The first step in any short-term rental compliance program is getting the hosts and managers to register their properties and start remitting taxes. Host Compliance builds tools for local governments that help them streamline these registration and tax collection processes and guide applicants through what can otherwise be complex permitting workflows . This leads to happy citizens, maximizes compliance and revenue, and saves valuable staff time.
Click below to see a video demo of one of our custom build short-term vacation rental permitting, registration and tax collection flows, or scroll down to explore what makes our custom solutions stand out from any other local government user experiences you have seen.
DELIGHT CITIZENS WITH A MODERN CONSUMER-GRADE USER-EXPERIENCE
- Apply the best of user-centered design principles to your online short-term rental registration and tax collection forms
- Maximize completion rates, revenues and constituent satisfaction
- Reduce errors and decrease the amount of time spent supporting applicants through the registration process
CUSTOMIZE YOUR registration anD tax collection WORKFLOWs TO MEET your specific Requirements
- Have us build your online registration/permitting and tax-collection workflows to meet your specific registration, documentation and tax requirements
- Dynamically adjust the workflow based on user input
- Get your fully customized registration and tax collection application live in weeks, not years
50% of short-term rental hosts ARE MOBILE FIRST. LET'S SERVE THEM!
- Short-term rental hosts prefer to apply for, pay for and manage their short-term rental registrations and tax returns online
- Don’t let antiquated technology be the reason why short-term rental operators don’t register and pay their taxes
TRADITIONAL REGISTRATION AND TAX COLLECTION PROCESSES ARE COMPLICATED -> HOST COMPLIANCE MAKES THEM SIMPLE
- Let us translate the language of the your short-term rental ordinance into intuitive registration and tax collection processes free of jargon and hard-to-understand questions and requirements
- Mazimize completion rates, permit and tax revenue by eliminating confusion and inertia
LET SHORT-TERM RENTAL HOSTS PAY THEIR REGISTRATION FEES AND TAXES WHATEVER WAY THEY WANT
- Accept all forms of credit and debit card payment including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, and Discover.
- Let operators pay fees and taxes using electronic checks / ACH
- Continue to accept cash and paper checks from people who prefer to pay their taxes and fees in-person
OUTSOURCE PCI COMPLIANCE TO US SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON SERVING YOUR COMMUNITY
- Ensure that you can take any major debit and credit card without worrying about PCI compliance and security
- Comply with the most stringent standards available in the payments industry (PCI Level 1)
- Easily verify PCI-DSS compliance (Host Compliance’s payment solutions have been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and are certified to comply with PCI Level 1 Service standards)
PROTECT YOUR ONLINE FORMS WITH BANK LEVEL SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
- Deploy the same technologies used by major banks to ensure that all information sent to our servers is kept safe and secure
- Use HTTPS, SLL and 256-bit encryption to ensure that your citizens have a secure connection from their browsers to your payment forms
- Encrypt all payment data to mimize the risk of hackers intercepting it
- Authenticate access using TLS 1.2 with SHA256 certificates
- Terminate all payment sessions after 30 minutes of inactivity, or implicitly when users complete their transactions
Use your short-term rental registration and tax-collection process to demonstrate to citizen’s THAT YOU WEREN’T BORN IN THE STONE-AGE
- Don't give nay-sayers the opportunity to point to your paper-based processes and clunky online user interfaces as symptoms of broader problems and government inefficiency
- Use cutting-edge technology that residents can see, touch and feel to give them a first-hand look at how the tax dollars they have entrusted you with are being spent to make a profound and positive impact on their lives]
- Don’t let antiquated processes and systems taint your reputation
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT! SEE FOR YOURSELF WHY HOST COMPLIANCE'S SHORT-TERM RENTAL REGISTRATION AND TAX COLLECTION SYSTEMS ARE FAR SUPERIOR TO THE ALTERNATIVES IN THE MARKETPLACE
- Not all on-line short-term vacation rental registration and tax collection systems are the same and be wary of anyone who claims the opposite.
- Demo each alternative and pay close attention to the level of customization available, the quality of the user-experience and the degree of mobile compatibility and automation